Return to Work Program
Posted July 02, 2015
Workplace accidents are unfortunate events that can disrupt both your physical and financial well-being. In the event of a work-related accident, our Return to Work Program will help you transition back into a productive role as you recover from your injury.
If you are injured as a result of your job, the Return to Work program is designed to get you back on your feet and return to your job as soon as possible. You benefit from the program by:
- Being able to perform meaningful work despite your physical restrictions while recovering
- Maintaining your income level
- Retaining status within the company
- Avoiding the boredom associated with long periods at home recovering
- Not missing important company announcements, events, meetings and other goings-on
- Maintaining body conditioning and helping return to your pre-injury strength and condition level
- Quickening your recovery process
Modified duty work is an important part of the rehabilitation process that allows you to maintain a certain level of activity within your physician’s prescribed restrictions. Modified duty work combined with physical or occupational therapy is the best method for moving you along on the road to recovery.
In addition, modified duty is crucial to your successful return to your regular job after an injury. We have identified numerous modified duty positions within our organization. These positions will be considered when accommodating temporary work restrictions.
If you have been injured on the job, we will attempt to place you in one of the modified duty positions in our job bank as soon as we receive a Return to Work release form from your doctor. You will be placed in the position that best falls within your temporary work restrictions.
This article/flyer is for informational purposes only and is not intended as medical or legal advice.
CLICK BELOW TO ACCESS A PRINTABLE VERSION OF THIS PLAYING IT SAFE DOCUMENT FOR EMPLOYEE DISTRIBUTION: