Navigating Flu Season During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Posted November 06, 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic isn’t the only public health concern as we approach the fall and winter months – it’s also flu season.
The CDC is urging the public to take action to avoid another deadly flu season and prevent further spread of COVID-19 cases.
Take these 5 steps to protect yourself and loved ones during flu season and the COVID-19 pandemic:
1. Get the flu vaccine. The flu vaccine is your best chance of preventing the illness. Talk to your doctor to learn more.
2. Keep your distance. Avoid close contact with people who are sick, and stay away from others when you feel under the weather.
3. Practice social distancing. Stay at least 6 feed away from others when out in public.
4. Follow proper hand hygiene. Wash your hands often using soap and warm water to protect against germs. If soap and water aren’t available, use a hand sanitizer.
5. Mask up. Wear a protective face covering or cloth mask when out in public.
For more information on how to stay safe, contact your doctor.