Does Your Business Need Commercial Auto Insurance?
Posted August 09, 2020
As a business owner, you might be asking yourself whether you need a commercial auto insurance policy.
The answer to this question depends on the types of vehicles that you and your staff utilize for business operations, as well as the nature of your operations.
Commercial auto insurance offers similar coverage to your personal auto policy, protecting against various liabilities and property damage.
However, this coverage is tailored for business purposes – often providing higher policy limits and extra protection for liabilities unique to your operations.
Here are 5 common reasons why businesses like yours might need a commercial auto insurance policy.
- One or more of your vehicles is registered to a business partnership or “doing business as” (DBA) entity.
- Your business uses vehicles to transport goods or provide services.
- You earn money by transporting people or property.
- Your employees drive company-owned vehicles or rental cars for business purposes.
- Your employees use their own personal vehicles for business purposes.
We are here to help you secure the best coverage for your unique business needs. For more information on commercial auto insurance, contact us today.