COVID-19 Scenarios and Benefits Available
Posted May 05, 2020
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act requires certain employers to provide employees with paid sick leave or expanded family and medical leave for reasons related to COVID-19. We’ve compiled this infographic to help illustrate different scenarios where employees may be entitled to employer-provided benefits.
Learn what benefits are available for each of the following scenarios:
- Employee is mildly ill with COVID-19 symptoms
- Employee is severely ill with COVID-19 symptoms
- Employee was exposed to COVID-19 and quarantined. The business remains open.
- Employee is caring for a sick family member
- Schools or daycares are closed or unavailable due to COVID-19, and the employee can’t work because of the need to care for a son or daughter
- Employee is immunocompromised and advised to self-quarantine
- Employer must shut down due to a quarantine by a public official
- Employer shuts down due to a business slowdown or lack of demand
- Employer reduces available hours due to a business slowdown or lack of demand