April is Distracted Driving Awareness Month
Posted April 11, 2022
This event is intended to raise awareness about the dangers of distracted driving and encourage motorists to reduce distractions when they’re behind the wheel.
Think distracted driving isn’t a serious concern? Think again. In fact more than 2,800 people are killed and 400,000 are injured in crashes involving a distracted driver each year.
Review these 5 simple tips to avoid distractions while you drive – keeping both yourself and others safe on the road.
- Put away your phone. Be sure to silence your phone and store it in a location that is out of reach while driving to lower the temptation to check it.
- Plan your trip before you leave. Program your GPS prior to hitting the road to get familiar with your journey and feel confident in your route.
- Don’t fumble with your playlist. Select a radio station or plug in a predetermined playlist before driving to limit music adjustments behind the wheel.
- Secure passengers. Ensure your kids are properly situated in car seats (if needed) with seat belts securely fastened. Keep pets stationary in the back seat.
- Avoid multitasking. The road should be your sole focus while driving. Never complete additional tasks – such as eating or personal grooming – behind the wheel.
For additional driver safety guidance and auto insurance solutions, contact us today.