5 Tips for Conducting Virtual Interviews
Posted August 19, 2020
Virtual interviews can offer benefits to both organizations and job seekers. Employers get access to an expanded talent pool, and candidates get to consider more employment opportunities than ever before.
Here are 5 tips for successfully conducting virtual interviews:
- Take advantage of technology. Embrace channels such as video, and plan ahead to ensure all technology works smoothly. Properly using technology can reflect well on your employer brand and even replace in-person interviews.
- Create a comfortable environment for candidates. Make candidates feel comfortable by asking open-ended questions and conversing in a way that closely replicates an in-person interview.
- Make sure to establish professionalism. Treat a virtual interview with the same level of professionalism and respect as an in-person interview. This includes tone, dialogue and dress expectations for all parties involved.
- Embrace virtual channels when evaluating soft skills. Keep in mind that the same platforms used to communicate with candidates virtually are core communication channels used in may workplaces today.
- Continue to hire based on qualifications. Hiring the wrong candidate can have negative repercussions and be costly. When evaluating candidates, use qualifications such as education, experience, technical skills, soft skills and other attributes specific to the role you’re hiring for.
Speak with us for additional recruiting and hiring guidance.