5 Ergonomic Tips for Employees
Posted September 21, 2020
Sitting at a desk all day can quickly lead to prolonged aches and pains. Proper ergonomics can help.
Here are 5 tips for maintaining an ergonomic workstation:
- Chair: It should support your spine and lumbar areas. Avoid leaning forward or hunching over. Position the height so your feet rest flatly on the ground, with thighs parallel to the floor.
- Office Supplies: Keep often-used objects, such as pens and staplers, within arm’s reach to avoid awkward stretching motions.
- Monitor: Your computer screen should be about an arm’s length away, positioned directly in front of you or slightly downward so you’re not looking up at it.
- Keyboard: Place your hands at elbow level, keeping your wrists straight. Tilt your keyboard downward to avoid strained wrists.
- Desk: There should be room to fit your knees under comfortably. If you must raise your chair to sit properly, use a footrest to keep your feet flat beneath you.
Speak with HR for more wellness tips!